Thursday, August 29, 2013

Music in the Park

Just returned home from the Thursday night farmer's market at the ever gorgeous Toronto Botanical Garden, one of my favourite places in the city. Such a great way to spend some time in greenspace: buying freshly baked rye bread and sampling tiny heirloom tomatoes that come in about 36 colour combinations.

Following the market, the Edwards Summer Music Series hosted the final show of the Garden of Song 2013 line-up. One of my favourite Guelphtown musicians, Bry Webb, and band played a set of quiet music under the sunset on the rock patio down near the main building. Then I bought the record. A new one will be recorded in the next few months. This was one of the best Thursday nights I've had since moving here. And I bet the plants enjoyed the show just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment