Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy 25th, TMG!

Tonight I attended the 25th anniversary celebrations for the Toronto Master Gardeners (TMG). The event was held at one of my favourite places, just down the street, the Toronto Botanical Gardens. The weather was perfect tonight for a garden party.


This accomplishment, 25 years of great work in Toronto, was recognized by Premier Wynne.


TMG provides all sorts of support and resources for people interested in gardening. They are part of an international network of gardeners. They give talks, answer questions, and lead inspirational tours of local gardens. I always find great advice in the tips section of their website. If you have a question about gardening, you can just submit it online and they will provide the answer. TMG encourages all types of gardening: vegetable gardening, container gardening, gardening with native plants, and horticulture, just to name a few. Sometimes advice is directed at a specific type of gardening, but much of it is general and applies to all types of gardening. Just make sure that you do your research to understand which species are native and which ones are not if this is important to you and your garden.

A usual, I met a lot of interesting people, had some great conversations, and I came home from this event feeling completely inspired. I'm really glad that I am finding my way into this community in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment